Fabulous Recipes, Cooking for a Crowd, & Dream Home Design
Fantastic, Stress-Free Youth Dance Recipes
Here’s everything you need to have a fantastic, stress-free event with my collection of wonderful, easy, youth dance recipes, including: Tico Tacos, fantastic dips and how much nacho sauce and chips to buy, Sign up for the weekly AlohaDreams emails and get a front row seat as each new recipe is posted.
Nacho Cheese Sauce
1 (6 pounds, 11 ounce) can of cheese sauce + 3 cups water = 60 (1/4 cup) servings
How much nachos your guests eat will depend on a lot of factors, such as:
- Percentage of your guests who are men, young men or boys (or me)
- Amount of other food you have
- Temperature of the event (if it’s a hot venue they will eat less)
- In general, a typical serving size of queso dip is 3 tablespoons (2 1/4 ounces of queso), which is about 1/4 cup or 1 ladle-full.
How to Prepare
- Even heated, the sauce straight out of the can is far too thick to eat, let alone serve effectively. You’ll need to thin the sauce down with 3 cups (24 ounces) of water. This will give you 60 (1/4 cup) servings. NOTE: The instructions on the can indicate that you can thin it down with up to 32 ounces of water plus 20 ounces of pepper juice. Don’t. Doing that would make it way too thin. You could get away with 4 cups (32 ounces) of water if you want to stretch it a bit further, but that’s the most I would add.
- As an alternative to the 3 cups of water, you can add 20 ounces of water and 52 ounces of picante sauce. This will give you about 80 (1/4 cup) servings.
Fabulous Add-ins to take your Nacho Sauce to the next level
Beef Enchilada Dip
Serving size: 1/4 cup (1 ladle-full)
1 (6 pound, 11 ounce) can Condensed Cheddar Cheese Sauce
1 lb ground beef
1 large onion, diced (about 2 cups)
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 (10 oz) cans Old El Paso red enchilada sauce
In a large skillet (12-inch), brown the beef and onion. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute. Drain the accumulated oil from the meat.
Add the enchilada sauce to the meat and stir until combined. Bring mixture up to medium-high heat till bubbling. Turn off heat.
Meanwhile, put the cheese sauce in a very large microwave safe bowl. Thin sauce with 3 cups (24 ounces) of water. Heat cheese in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir, and continue heating in 1 minute increments, stirring after each minute, until hot.
Stir in the hamburger and enchilada sauce mixture to the cheese.
MAKE AHEAD NOTE: Can be made to this point up to an hour prior to serving. Hold in a slow cooker on Low setting. Stirring occasionally.
Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
- A typical serving size is 1 ounce (7-8 chips).
- On average if you’re feeding 100 people for a dance or party, get 4 (28 ounce) bags of chips if you have other refreshments in addition to dip and chips. If dips and chips are all you’re serving, then get 5 (28 ounce) bags of chips for 100 people.
- Dip Serving Size = 2 Tablespoons
- 12 Servings = 1 1/2 cups Dip
- 24 Servings = 3 cups Dip
- 48 Servings = 1 1/2 quart Dip
Welcome to Aloha Dreams!
I'm so glad you dropped by. I'm Betsy. Here you'll find my favorite fabulous, trusted recipes - everything from delicious, quick meals for your family to wonderful classics made easy.
I'm also here to help you with large group recipes from 20 to 200. So next opportunity you get to cook for a large group - Say 'Yes!' Then relax. I've got your back.
Ever wished you could build your dream home? How about building your dream home in a tropical paradise? Join me, room by room, as we design and build a fabulous dream home in Hawaii!
Explore Aloha Dreams
If you're planning a vacation to Hawaii, I've got you covered on the very best places to go! From many amazing restaurants to incredible adventures in the surf and on land, this is your go-to source for unique and exciting things to do on the Big Island of Hawaii. Or just take a Virtual Vacation!! Let's go!
If you've been asked to cook for a large group activity, be it a Girl's Camp or a Graduation Party, say Yes! I'm here to help. From Menus to Game Plans to Recipes, I'll help you keep on schedule and turn out amazingly delicious food if you're cooking for a crowd! My recipes are tested and trusted. Let's cook!
Ever wished you could build your dream home? Like amazing house design and home building ideas? Me too! Join me as I design and build a home on the Big Island of Hawaii. Follow along while I design each room. Enjoy a front row seat for the entire amazing construction process. Let's play!
Would you like to throw a Luau, but not sure where to start? Want to know how to build a tiki bar and roast a pig? Here's everything you need to have a luau. How about a Christmas Feast or even a fabulous dinner for your neighborhood supper club? You've come to the right place. Let's party!